The Pittville Schoolhouse
The Pittville Schoolhouse was built in 1884 in the small town of Pittville which lies about 7 miles northeast of Fall River Mills. It was moved to its present location at the museum when it was 100 years old in 1984.
The Pittville school pony barn is located behind the school, as it was in Pittville. This is where students would tie their horses while they attended school.
Many visitors like to ring the old school bell and marvel at the hatchet marks on the porch from chopping firewood.